Dear Valued Customers,
Please be informed of a revision to the life cycle of .MY domain name. The change will become effective on 16th March 2023, it is part of MYNIC (.MY domain registrar) to keeping up with the global standard for domain name renewal.
To ensure uninterrupted use of your domain name, it is important that you renew it prior to the expiration date.
As part of this revision, the following changes will be made:
1. Domain name can be registered and renewed for a maximum of 10 years instead of previous 5-year cycle.
2. Domain will be suspended automatically upon expiry and can no longer be used. Previously, domain will be suspended one month after expiry.
3. Expired domains will enter Renewal Grace Period for 45 days, where domains can be renewed at normal price.
4. If no payment is received during Renewal Grace Period, domains will enter Redemption Grace Period for another 30 days. You may still renew the domain during this period, but redemption fee is required to renew the domain. Domains can be renewed at double the normal price.
5. After Redemption Grace Period, domain will enter Pending Delete phase for 5 days before being deleted and released to public market. Domains cannot be renewed during this period.
We understand that these changes may have an impact on your domain name management practices, and we are committed to providing you with the support and resources you need to make the transition as smooth as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.
Thank you for your continued business.
Yeahhost Sdn Bhd
Monday, February 13, 2023