For Linux hosting platform inside cPanel, there is a scripts installer named "Softaculous Scripts Installer" where you can use it to easily install WordPress without needing to manually download any
However for Windows hosting platform, you may need install the WordPress manually as no Softaculous installer present in the control panel.
Below is the guideline to those who need to install it by themselves.
- Download a latest WordPress to your local computer.
- Create an FTP account in your control panel.
- User may access the ftp account using FileZilla.
- Once access to the FTP account, you may upload the WordPress file to your wwwroot (MSP/SolidCP) or public_html folder (cPanel).
- Login to your control panel and create a Database and a Database user.
- For Windows platform, the wwwroot folder permission should be set to read & write and tick the box with 'Replace permissions on all child objects'
- Locate the wp-config-sample.php file. Right click on the file, select Rename and change the name of the file to wp-config.php.
- Right-click on the wp-config.php file and select Code Edit. When the file opens, look for the following information:
define ('DB_NAME', 'database_name');
/** MySQL database username */
/** MySQL database password */
- When done editing, click the Save Changes button, then close the file.
- Open your search engine, on search bar, search the domain name (http://www.yourdomain.com)
*Please replace "yourdomain.com" with your domain name.
- Proceed with the installation process.
- For Linux server set the localhost as 'localhost'. as for Windows server, the connection should be 'localhost;3366'
- Once the installation process complete, when visit the website it will show the default WordPress site.
- You may login to your WordPress dashboard to re-design and develop the website.